Parents, Welcome to BYU!
Whether this is your first time being a BYU parent or your 8th, we are excited to welcome you and your new student to campus. During New Student Orientation your student will have many opportunities to get connected with campus resources to help them be successful in their academic and career goals. During the first day of Summer and Fall New Student Orientations, we have some events specifically designed for parents.
Fall Parent Orientation
- After check-in at the Marriott Center, there will be a Parent Information Fair with booths from campus departments/groups to give you an overview of resources available to you and your student.
- You have the option to pre-pay for a boxed lunch when you register. After the lunches are distributed, you will hear from a speaker and move to breakout sessions.
- Check out the Fall Parent Orientation schedule. Register HERE.
Summer Parent Orientation
- You will have the chance to attend an Information Fair and a Service Fair with your student, followed by a welcome ceremony.
- Lunch tickets are available for purchase at registration. Lunch will be served at the Cannon Center.
- After lunch, presentations from on-campus departments will give you an overview of what is available to your student and how you can help.
- Check out the Summer Parent Orientation schedule. Register HERE.
Winter/Spring New Student Orientation
We have no specific meetings for parents during Winter or Spring Orientation. Parents interested in coming are welcome to attend the orientation events with their son or daughter.
We look forward to seeing you at NSO! If there is anything we can help you with, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-422-4243.