New Student Orientation (NSO)
Come get to know campus! NSO activities range from spiritual and academic, to the informal and out-and-out fun that is a fantastic part of campus life. Many of these events are organized around Y Groups, small groups led by upperclassmen where you can ask questions and get to know other new students.
Below are the following orientation dates, based on the semester you will be attending BYU:
Your Winter 2021 orientation to BYU will have in 3 parts:
1. Your Peer Mentor
- Your peer mentor is a great resource for helping you learn about campus resources and receive timely information
- Above all, they are here to help you fulfill your potential and have the support you need throughout your first year at BYU
- Have questions? They are there for you to help find the answers!
2. Virtual Welcome on Jan 8th 10 am-noon MT
- Hear from BYU Leaders
- Zoom Meeting breakout rooms
- Make friends, play games, and win prizes
3. Online Orientation Module*
- Use the link and complete the modules before the first day of classes
- It will take you approximately 1 1/2 hours to complete
- You can complete it in smaller sessions--take your time!
- You can save information for yourself to refer back to later in the year.
*If you are a student that began BYU in Spring, Summer, or Fall, the Orientation Modules you completed has been replaced by this updated version at the new URL. The slide timers have been temporarily removed so you can go back in and re-save any information you saved in the old version. If you never finished the modules in August, please feel free to complete them at the new URL posted above. We think you will love the new version!
View Online Parent Resources